University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6352||Section Number||23741|
|Name of Course||Strategic Mktg Management|
|Name of Instructor||Radighieri,Jeffrey|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the basic concepts, principles, and theories of contemporary marketing thought.
- Review the essentials, major concepts, and tools of strategic marketing management.
- Analyze the key demographic, economic, natural, technological, political-legal, and socio-cultural developments in the macro-environment and their impact on marketing strategy.
- Comprehend the strategic marketing planning process which includes situation analysis, strategy development, financial analysis, and controls.
- Competition analysis and positioning, target market examination (demographics, needs, trends, and growth), and SWOT analysis.
- Develop marketing mixes, strategies, tactics, and programs that best fit a specific target market.
- Evaluate an organizations marketing situation and design strategies that create sustainable competitive advantages for the firm in delivering value to its target markets.
|Simulation Final Presentation||30%|
|Simulation Period Reports||50%|
Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller, A Framework for Marketing Management,5th ed., ISBN 978-0132539302.
There are five cases that are due during the semester. Details about them will be discussed in class.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Course and Marketing Introduction
- Marketing Overview
- Creating Customer Value
- Product Strategy
- Pricing and Channels
- Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Spring Break
- MarkStrat Simulation Period 1
- MarkStrat Simulation Period 2
- MarkStrat Simulation Period 3
- MarkStrat Simulation Period 4
- MarkStrat Simulation Period 5
- Team Preparation Day
- Team Presentations