University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6371||Section Number||23694|
|Name of Course||Seminar-Consumer Behavior|
|Name of Instructor||Radighieri,Jeffrey|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand theories on buyer behavior.
- Apply research methods to buyer motives, choice criteria, information processing, and decision making processes.
- Understand how customers think and behave: how they learn about new products; what interests them; how they evaluate different products and services; how they make their choices; and how they feel after purchasing a product.
- Develop marketing strategies for products, distribution, pricing, and communication based on knowledge of the buyer and research on buyer demographics and lifestyle.
|Paradox of Choice Paper||15%|
|Why We Buy Paper||15%|
|Discussion Board Postings||20%|
Barry Schwartz, The Paradox of Choice, ed., ISBN 9780060005696.
Paco Underhill, Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping,Upd. Rev. ed., ISBN 978-1416595243 .
Michael R. Solomon, Consumer Behavior,9th ed., ISBN 9780136110927.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Student Introductions
- Consumer Behavior Introduction
- Learning and Memory
- Motivation and Values
- The Self
- Personality and Lifestyles
- Spring Break
- Attitudes and Persuasion
- Decision Making
- Buying and Disposing
- Ethnic, Racial, and Religious Subcultures
- Sustainable Consumer Behavior
- Team Paper Preparation
- Team Papers and Evaluations Due on 5/13 at 5pm