University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||3303||Section Number||23683|
|Name of Course||Principles of Marketing|
|Name of Instructor||Swaidan,Ziad|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Develop an understanding of the basic concepts and theories of buyer behavior and its role in creating relative advantage in the organization’s markets.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the importance of changes in the macro environment (e.g., technological, social, political, and economical) on an organization’s marketing activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to segment markets, identify attractive target market segments and focus on the organization’s marketing mix towards those target segments when crafting the organization’s marketing strategy.
- Recognize marketing unique role in contributing to an organization competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Develop an understanding of the relationship of marketing to other organizational functions.
|Test 1||100 points|
|Test 2||100 points|
|Test 3||200 points|
|Test 4||200 points|
|DB Discussions||300 points|
|Class Participation||100 points|
William M. Pride & O.C. Ferrell , Marketing,15th ed., ISBN 0547167474.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.