University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6352||Section Number||23661|
|Name of Course||Mgt Information Systems|
|Name of Instructor||Lu,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Know how to relate MIS to management, organization and technology, with a focus on the importance of integrating these elements.
- Comprehend the IT infrastructure and general applications (hardware, software, data resources, telecommunications and networks, and the Internet).
- Comprehend common e-Commerce applications and the ethical and social issues in the digital firm.
- Use software programs to create business applications such as a website, a database project, and a business spreadsheet with decision support functions.
- Analyze management and organizational support systems.
- Apply MIS concepts and theories to real business situations.
- Analyze the design of information systems, including information security and control.
|Chapter Quizzes||100 points|
|Term-based Group Project||200 points|
|Individual Case Study Report||150 points|
|Hands-on Assignments||150 points|
|Mini-case Discussions||100 points|
Laudon, Management Information Systems,11th ed., ISBN 9780136078463.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.