University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6351||Section Number||23653|
|Name of Course||Mgt & Organizl Behavior|
|Name of Instructor||Nwabueze,Uchenna Malachy|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Synthesize and evaluate different OB theories.
- Know how to develop a research paper including APA format, apply and Synthesize the research skills as well as teamwork skills.
- Comprehend organizational mission, goals, strategic plan and organizational structure and design.
- Comprehend Management and OB concepts in areas such planning, organizing, leading, controlling, motivation, decision-making, teamwork and empowerment.
- Apply theories and skills necessary for managers to effectively influence subordinates behavior.
- Analyze and compare main motivation theories and different approaches to decision making.
|Individual Research Paper||20%|
|Exams: Mid term, 30%, Final 30%||60%|
|Discussion Board (DB)||20%|
Jones, J.R.&George, J.M, Contemporary Managemet,7 ed., ISBN 9780078112690.
Robert Perrin, Pocket Guide to APA Style,3rd ed., ISBN 0547201931.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Course/Class Introduction
- Managers and Managing
- Values, Attitudes, Emotions and Culture
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Managing in the Global Environment
- Decision-Making, Learning, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- The Manager as Planner and Strategist
- Mid-Term: Multiple-Choice Questions covering
- Managing Organizational Structure and Culture
- Organizational Control and Change
- Motivation and Performance
- Effective Groups and Teams
- Managing Conflicts, Politics and Negotiation
- Final Exam: Multiple-Choice Questions