University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4325||Section Number||23651|
|Name of Course||Organizational Change|
|Name of Instructor||Rauniar,Rupak|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the concepts of organizational change.
- be able to understand theories of effective change implementation.
- be able to understand organizational change diagnosis.
- be able to understand human resource development.
- be able to understand how to support new organizational behaviors.
- be able to understand the role of culture in change.
- be able to understand the role of leadership in change.
|Mid-Term (Case Analysis)||15%|
|Discussion Board Participation||45%|
|4 Articles Reviews||10%|
|Final (Case Analysis)||15%|
Bert Spector, Implementing Organizational Change: Theory Into Practice, 2/E,Second ed., ISBN 0136074286.
http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/access/7750481 There are 2 case studeis, and one article that needs to be purchased from this site. You need to register on the site to create a user name if you do not already have one. Once you have registered, you can log in to see the course materials. You will have access to these materials for 6 months. After you register, you can get to the course again by doing the following: 1. Visit hbsp.harvard.edu and log in. 2. Click My Courses, and then click this course name: Organizational Change
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Chapter 1: Organizational Change
- Chapter 2:Theories of Effective Change Implementation
- Chapter 3: Mutual Engagement
- Chapter 4: Organizational Redesign
- Mid-Term: HBS Case Analysis: Comcast New England
- Chapter5: Developing Human Resources
- Chapter 6: Reinforicing New Behaviors
- Spring Break
- Chapter 7: Organizational Culture and Change
- Chapter 8: Leading Change
- Final : HBS Case Analysis: GE''s Growth Strategy: The Immelt Initiative