University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4305||Section Number||23646|
|Name of Course||Leadership|
|Name of Instructor||Solansky,Stephanie Thomas|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the terms, concepts and research necessary to gain a more complete understanding of the art of leadership.
- be able to understand the importance of the application of ethical behavior in leadership situations.
- be able to explain and apply the current views and techniques currently expressed regarding leadership styles and practices
- be able to explain and apply communication techniques in order to improve teambuilding skills.
- be able to evaluate and make decisions with regard to leadership approaches through the use of case studies and discussions
|LM II Exam||20%|
|LM I Exam||20%|
|Discussion Board Activity||25%|
Lussier & Achua, Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development,4th ed., ISBN 0324596553.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction; Who is a Leader?
- Leadership Traits & Ethics
- Leadership Behavior & Motivation
- Influencing: Power & Politics
- Leadership Case 1
- Contingency Leadership Theories
- Communication, Coaching & Conflict Skills
- Review LM I Performance;Team Project Week
- Leader-Follower Relations
- Team Leadership
- Charismatic & Transformational Leadership
- Leadership Case 2
- Leadership of Culture, Ethics & Diversity
- Strategic Leadership
- Crisis Leadership
- Review LM II Performance