University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||HCAD||Course Number||4354||Section Number||23636|
|Name of Course||Economics for Healthcare|
|Name of Instructor||Chen,Chien-Ping|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
No course objectives have been submitted.
|Healthcare Industry Analysis Term Paper (Individual Assignment)||15%|
|Homework Assignments (Individual Assignment)||15%|
|Discussion Board (DB) Participation (Group Assignment)||20%|
Santerre & Neun, Health Economics: Theory, Insights, and Industry Studies,5th ed., ISBN 0-324-78907-6.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Ch 1 Introduction
- Ch 2~3 Healthcare: An Economic Perspective and Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Ch 5 Demand for Medical Care
- Ch 6 Medical Insurance
- Ch 7 Medical Care Production and Costs
- Ch 8 Market Analysis
- Ch 9 Government and Medical Care
- Spring Break
- Ch 10 Government as Health Insurer
- Ch 11 Private Health Insurance
- Ch 12 Physician Services
- Ch 13 Hospital Services
- Ch 14 Pharmaceutical Industry