University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||FINC||Course Number||6361||Section Number||23632|
|Name of Course||Investments|
|Name of Instructor||Metghalchi,Massoud|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the various financial instruments available to the potential investors.
- Comprehend the risk-return trade-off faced by investors.
- Comprehend the overall investment process.
- Comprehend the concept of market efficiency and how to make rational investment decisions based upon the existence of market efficiency.
- Comprehend and explain the theories underlying security valuation and portfolio formation.
- Analyze and evaluate investment performance of mutual funds.
|Stock Market Simulation||10%|
Jordan - Miller,, Fundamentals of Investments: Valuation and Management,5th ed., ISBN 9780077283292.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.