University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||6300||Section Number||23512|
|Name of Course||Sel Topics in Acc|
|Name of Instructor||Reed,Randy Marl|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- As a result of this course, students will 1.As a result of this course, students will 1. 1. To assist each student understand and develop a moral and ethical framework for making ethical and moral decisions that live up to the spirit and not just the letter of the professional code of conduct. 2. To assist each student to understand and to be able to apply the ethical concepts of honesty, integrity, courage, and independence in serving the public. 3. To help each student to understand, comprehend, and appreciate the social and economic problems that have occurred when managers, accountants, and executives have not acted with integrity, independence, and objectivity when dealing with the public.
|Chapter Summary||150 points|
|Profiles in Courage||100 points|
|Participation (Discussion Board)||250 points|
John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage,Any Edition ed., ISBN Any ISBN.
Brooks, Business & Professional Ethics for Directors, Executives, & Accountants,5th ed., ISBN 0324594550.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Ethics Expectations
- Enron Events
- Philosophers Contributions
- Practical Ethical Decision Making
- All chap. outlines due by email attachment (1-4)
- Mid-term Exam
- Corporate Ethical Governance
- Professional Accounting in the Public Interest
- Managing Ethics Issues Facing Business & Accountants
- Subprime lending Fiasco
- All chap. outlines due by email attachment (5-8)