University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4305||Section Number||23472|
|Name of Course||Leadership|
|Name of Instructor||Rauniar,Rupak|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- be able to understand the terms, concepts and research necessary to gain a more complete understanding of the art of leadership.
- be able to understand the importance of the application of ethical behavior in leadership situations
- be able to explain and apply the current views and techniques currently expressed regarding leadership styles and practices
- be able to explain and apply communication techniques in order to improve teambuilding skills.
- be able to evaluate and make decisions with regard to leadership approaches through the use of case studies and discussions
|Tests (4 x 15 %)||60%|
Lussier & Achua, Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development,4th ed., ISBN 0324596553.
Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, Fisher, Ury and Patton http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Yes-Negotiating-Agreement-Without/dp/0140157352/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294336705&sr=1-1
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- C1: Who is a leader
- C2Leadership traits and ethics
- C3: Leadership behavior and motivation
- Test 1
- C4: Influencing: Power, Politics, Network and Negotiations
- C5: Contingency leadership theories
- C6: Communication, coaching and conflict skills
- Test 2
- Spring Break
- C7: Leader Follower Relations
- C8: Team Leadership and Self Managed Teams
- C9: Charismatic and transformational leadership
- Test 3
- C10: Leadership of culture, ethics, and diversity
- C11: Strategic leadership and change management
- C12: Crisis Leadership and Learning Organization
- Test 4