University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6352||Section Number||23459|
|Name of Course||Strategic Mktg Management|
|Name of Instructor||Swaidan,Ziad|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the basic concepts, principles and theories of contemporary marketing thought. Review the essentials, major concepts, and tools of strategic marketing management. (Assessment methods: exams. Bloom learning level: 2)
- Analyze the key demographic, economic, natural, technological, political-legal, and social-cultural developments in the macro-environment and their impact on marketing strategy. (Assessment methods: case analysis.
- Comprehend the strategic marketing planning process which includes situation analysis, strategy development, financial analysis, and controls. (Assessment methods: project analysis. Bloom learning level: 3)
- Competition analysis & positioning, target market examination (demographics, needs, trends, and growth), and SWOT analysis. (Assessment methods: project analysis. Bloom learning level: 4)
- Evaluate an organization's marketing situation and develop marketing mixes, strategies, tactics, and programs that create sustainable competitive advantages for the firm in delivering value to its target markets. (Assessment methods: project analysis. Bloom learning level: 6)
|Exam 1||100 points|
|Exam 2||150 points|
|Exam 3||250 points|
|DB Discussions||200 points|
Kotler & Keller, A Framework for Marketing Management 4th/E ,4th ed., ISBN 0136026605.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.