University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6351||Section Number||23442|
|Name of Course||Mgt & Organizl Behavior|
|Name of Instructor||Cloninger,Peggy Ann|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Apply theories and skills necessary for managers to make decisions and effectively influence and motivate subordinates behavior.
- Know how to develop a research paper including APA format, apply and Synthesize the research skills as well as teamwork skills.
- Comprehend Management and OB concepts in areas such planning, organizing, leading, controlling, motivation, decision-making, teamwork and empowerment.
- Comprehend organizational mission, goals, strategic plan and organizational structure and design
- Synthesize and evaluate different OB theories.
|Individual Research Paper||30%|
Jones, G.R., & George, J.M., Contemporary Management,7th ed., ISBN 9780078112690.
Robert Perrin, Pocket Guide to APA Style,Updated 3rd ed., ISBN 0495911429.
Any additional readings and videos as shown on the schedule.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to the Course, Managers, and Managing
- Managers and the Evolution of Management Thought
- Values, Attitudes, Emotions, and Culture
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Managing in the Global Environment
- Exam 1
- Decision Making, Learning, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
- Spring Break
- The Manager as Planner and Strategist
- Managing Organizational Structure and Culture
- Organizational Control and Change
- Motivation and Performance
- Research Paper Week Final Version
- Effective Groups and Teams
- Exam 2
- Makup Week