University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||BUSI||Course Number||6351||Section Number||23410|
|Name of Course||Business and Society|
|Name of Instructor||Stringer,Donna Yvonne|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Identify and explain issues related to corporate governance, and to consumer protection issues and trends, and to apply these ideas when analyzing business cases
- Explain corporate social responsibility and apply the concepts related to socially responsive management when analyzing business cases
- Recognize the global issues and issues related to the political environment that businesses must manage, and apply these ideas when preparing business cases
- Comprehend the challenges technological change and issues of the natural environment pose for business, and be able to apply new approaches to prepare business responses
- Learn to prepare and present case analyses, and to respond to questions regarding the formulation and evaluation of alternatives, and the recommended course of action
- Understand different ethical approaches to decision making, and be able to apply different approaches when analyzing business cases
Lawrence, A. T., & Weber, J., Business and Society: Stakeholders, Ethics, Public Policy,13th ed., ISBN 9780078137150.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.