University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||6352||Section Number||23409|
|Name of Course||Strategic Cost Management|
|Name of Instructor||Lee,Yong-Gyo|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
No course objectives have been submitted.
|Harvard Business Cases Analyses (Group)||200|
|Homework Assignments (Individual)||200|
|Class Activities and Discussion (Individual)||100|
|Mid-term Exam (Individual)||250|
|Final Exam (Individual)||250|
Atkinson, Kaplan, Matsumura, and Young, Management Accounting,5th ed., ISBN 0136005314.
Kaplan and various authors, Harvard Business Cases, ed., ISBN .
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Ch 1: Management Accounting Information
- Ch 2: Cost Management
- Ch 3: Traditional Cost Management
- Ch 4 Activity-Based Cost Systems
- Ch 5: Activity and Process Decision
- Spring Break
- Ch 6: Pricing and Product Planning
- Ch 7: Accessing Performance
- Ch 8: Motivating Behavior in MACS
- Ch 9: Balanced Scorecards
- Ch 10: Using Budgets Achieve Objectives
- Final Exam 5/7 (Sat)