University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||3303||Section Number||23330|
|Name of Course||Financial Statement Analysis|
|Name of Instructor||Reed,Randy Marl|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Use web-based research to facilitate financial statement analysis.
- Use computer applications (e.g. Excel) for financial statement preparation and analysis to forecast future performance, cash flow, and financial condition.
- Understand the purpose and content of the three principal financial statements - balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows - and their related footnotes.
- Evaluate the potential effects of ethical issues, such as earnings management and exploitive business practices, on the sustainability of firms and reported earnings.
- Comprehend and apply financial statement analysis for purposes of supporting earnings-based stock valuation.
|Chapter Assignments||100 points|
|Financial Statement Mini-Project||100 points|
Kieso, Weygandt, Warfield, Intermediate Accounting, Volume 1,14th ed., ISBN 978-0-470-58728.
Kieso, Weygandt, Warfield, Intermediate Accounting,14th ed., ISBN 9780470587232.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Test I ( ch. 1 - 4 )
- Appendix 24A (p. 1547)
- Spring Break
- Final Exam