University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||QMSC||Course Number||6351||Section Number||19144|
|Name of Course||Stats & Research Methods|
|Name of Instructor||Glasure,Yong U.|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Present data using tabular and graphical approaches and Prepare data using basic numerical descriptive statistical measures.
- Apply discrete and continuous probability distribution concepts in management, marketing, economics/finance, and cost accounting.
- Comprehend how different sampling plans and the sampling distribution of a sample statistic are used in business
- Use statistical inference techniques, such as hypothesis testing about a population mean, population proportion, and about means and proportions with two populations.
- Analyze and interpret results of a regression analysis in a variety of settings, such as marketing, management, economics, finance and cost accounting.
- Provide Research Methods on how to conduct research, how to develop research design, what tools of analysis are available, and how to prepare a research report. Also, provided are the ethical issues involved in research.
- Use Excel in statistical analysis
|Professor Reserves Right to Modify Syllabus and Course Schedule|
|Homework assignment (as a quiz) from each chapter||50 points|
|Group Assignments||40 points|
|Weekly discussion||20 points|
|Exam 1(online)||80 points|
|Exam 2 (online)||80 points|
|Exam 3 (online)||80 points|
|Optional Cumulative Final (online)||160 points|
Anderson, Sweeney, & Williams, Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Office Excel,4th ed., ISBN 10: 0538479752.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.