University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||BUSI||Course Number||3303||Section Number||19143|
|Name of Course||Stats for Bus/Eco|
|Name of Instructor||Kagochi,John M|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Be able to present data using tabular and graphical approaches and to summarize data using basic numerical descriptive statistical measures
- Understand basic concepts of probability, discrete and continuous random variables, and work with discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Understand different sampling plans, the sampling distribution of a sample statistic, and the Central Limit Theorem
- Understand statistical inference techniques --- point and interval estimation and hypothesis testing about a population mean, population proportion with one population, and about population means and proportions with two populations
- Understand measures of statistical association - correlation and regression - and estimate and interpret the results of a regression analysis
- Work with statistical software package (Excel)
|Discussion Board Participation||10|
Anderson, Sweeney & Williams, Essentials of Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Excel,4 ed., ISBN 0324783515.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.