University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MKTG||Course Number||6377||Section Number||19142|
|Name of Course||International Marketing|
|Name of Instructor||Swaidan,Ziad|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Comprehend the basic concepts, principles and theories of contemporary international marketing thought. (Assessment methods: exams. Bloom learning level: 2)
- Understand the key economic, natural, technological, political-legal, and social-cultural developments in the global macro-environment and their impact on the international marketing strategy. (Assessment methods: case analysis. Bloom learning level: 2)
- Explain the ethical, social, cultural, and global impact of the organization's international marketing activities (Assessment methods: exams and case analysis. Bloom learning level: 2)
- Describe global competition challenges, identify target markets (demographics, needs, trends, and growth), and discuss SWOT analysis. (Assessment methods: exams and case analysis. Bloom learning level: 2)
- Analyze an organization's marketing situation and suggest marketing mixes (product, price, promotion, and place strategies), strategies, tactics, and programs that create sustainable competitive advantages for the firm in delivering value to its target markets. (Assessment methods: case analysis. Bloom learning level: 4)
|Test 1||200 points|
|Test 2||300 points|
|Weekly DB discussions||250 points|
|Assignments: Case Analysis & Reports||150 points|
|Participation (other)||100 points|
Masaaki Kotabe and Kristiaan Helsen, Global Marketing Management,5th ed., ISBN 9780470381113.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.