University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6378||Section Number||19137|
|Name of Course||Seminar in E-commerce|
|Name of Instructor||Lu,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand prevailing Internet business models and enabling technologies.
- Understand various E-Commerce strategies and implementations under different circumstances.
- Understand how E-Commerce is related to social needs and issues.
- Explain the legal, economic, ethical, social, and global issues involved in conducting E-Commerce and E-Business.
- Discuss frauds and security issues in E-Commerce support services.
- Apply an E-Commerce theory in solving a given problem.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze the effectiveness of a real Internet business in terms of model use, strategies adopted, and use of technologies, etc.
|Discussion Board Case Study Activities||250 points|
|DB Chapter Discussion Activities||250 points|
|Individual Term Paper||200 points|
Efraim Turban and Others, Electronic Commerce: A Managerial Perspective,2010 ed., ISBN 0136100368.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.