University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||6352||Section Number||19124|
|Name of Course||Mgt Information Systems|
|Name of Instructor||Lu,Jun|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Know how to relate MIS to management, the organization and technology, focusing on the importance of integrating these elements
- Comprehend the IT infrastructure (hardware, software, managing data resources, telecommunications and networks and the internet)
- Comprehend general e-Commerce applications and the ethical and social issues in the digital firm
- Use software packages to create a website, a business database application, and a complex spreadsheet with decision support functions.
- Analyze management and organizational support systems.
- Analyze the design of information systems, including information security and control.
- Evaluate the impact of IT on industry and organizational competitive strategy
|Exams (Test I, Test II, Test III)||300 points|
|Individual Harvard Business Case Analysis Paper||300 points|
|Short Case Discussions||300 points|
|Chapter Quizzes||100 points|
Laudon, Management Information Systems: Managing the digital Firm ,11th ed., ISBN 9780136078876 .
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.