University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||MGMT||Course Number||4305||Section Number||19118|
|Name of Course||Leadership|
|Name of Instructor||Thirumalai Thattai,Selvarajan|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Course Objectives: As a result of this course, students will: 1. be able to understand the terms, concepts, and research necessary to gain a more complete understanding of the art of leadership. 2. be able to understand the importance of the application of ethical behavior in leadership situations. 3. be able to explain and apply the current views and techniques currently expressed regarding leadership styles and practices. 4. be able to explain and apply communication techniques in order to improve teambuilding skills. 5. be able to evaluate and make decisions with regard to leadership approaches through the use of case studies and discussion boards.
Lussier & Achua, Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development,4th ed., ISBN 0324596553.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction to the course
- Who is a leader and Leadership Traits and Ehics
- Leadership behavior and motivation; Influencing, power politics, networking and negotiation
- Contingency leadershi theories; Communication, coaching and conflict skills
- Leader follow relations; Team leadership and self managed teams
- Charismatic and transformational leadership; Leadership of culture, ethics and diversity
- Strategic leadership and change management; Crisis leadership and learning organization
- Final Exam covering all chapters in this course