University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||EDEN||Course Number||6353||Section Number||19104|
|Name of Course||Nurturing/Growing the Venture|
|Name of Instructor||Summers,David F|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
The syllabus for this course has not been submitted.
As a result of this course, students will
- Develop a sound marketing strategy for a small firm.
- Analyze the financial condition of a small firm.
- Understand the strategic planning process as it applies to small firms
- Determine financing alternatives for the small firm.
- Develop human resources practices for small firms
- Analyze business operations and controls for the small firm.
|Case Questions Posting||10|
|Case Questions Critique||10|
|Midterm and Final Exams||50|
Don Taylor and Jeanne Smalling Archer, Up Against the Wal-Marts,2nd ed., ISBN 0814473008.
Walzer, Norman, Entrepreneurship and Local Economic Development,1st ed., ISBN 100739117122.
Byrd/Megginson, Small Business Management an Entrepreneurial Guidebook,6th ed., ISBN 13 978007340507.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.