University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||6377||Section Number||19097|
|Name of Course||International Accounting|
|Name of Instructor||Reed,Randy Marl|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Assist students in understanding the difficulty firms have dealing with strategic planning with branch offices of different cultures from around the world.
- Provide students with an understanding and appreciation of the problems investors face when analyzing financial statements from domestic and international firms.
- Help students understand and appreciate the diversity of financial accounting disclosure practices throughout the world.
- Help students understand the performance evaluation issues as they relate to multinational corporations and transfer pricing, and international taxation situations
- Provide students with an overview and a general understanding of the differences between Generally Accepted Accounting Principles used in the United States and accounting practices used throughout the world.
- Provide students with a basic understanding of foreign currency translation issues as they relate to multinational consolidations.
|Chapter Homework||100 points|
|MIDTERM EXAM||150 points|
|FINAL EXAMINATION||150 points|
Timothy Doupnik & Hector Perera, International Accounting,3nd ed., ISBN 0078110955.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.