University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||3303||Section Number||19093|
|Name of Course||Financial Statement Analysis|
|Name of Instructor||Chiang,Wei-Chih|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Understand the purpose and content of the three principal financial statements - balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows - and their related footnotes.
- Evaluate the potential effects of ethical issues, such as earnings management and exploitive business practices, on the sustainability of firms and reported earnings.
- Use computer applications (e.g. Excel) and web-based research to facilitate financial statement analysis.
- Comprehend and apply financial statement analysis for purposes of supporting earnings-based stock valuation.
|Class/Discussion Board Participation||25 points|
|Midterm Exam||100 points|
|Final Exam||100 points|
|Homework Assignments||30 points|
|Project One||30 points|
|Project Two||50 points|
Kieso, Weygandt, Warfield, Intermediate Accounting,14 ed., ISBN 9780470587232.
Kieso, Weygandt, Warfield, Intermediate Accounting, Volume 1,14 ed., ISBN 9780470587287.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Financial Accounting and Accounting Standards
- Conceptual Framework for Financial Accounting
- The Accounting Information System
- Income Statement and Related Information
- Midterm Exam (3 hours); Online (July 9th, Saturday, 1:00pm-5:00pm)
- Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows; Accounting and the Time Value of Money
- Cash and Receivables; Financial Statement Analysis
- Final Exam (3 hours); Online (July 30th, Saturday, 1:00pm-5:00pm)