University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||QMSC||Course Number||6351||Section Number||19091|
|Name of Course||Stats & Research Methods|
|Name of Instructor||Ren,Luh-Yu|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Use Excel in statistical analysis
- Comprehend how different sampling plans and the sampling distribution of a sample statistic are used in business
- Apply discrete and continuous probability distribution concepts in management, marketing, economics/finance, and cost accounting.
- Provide Research Methods on how to conduct research, how to develop research design, what tools of analysis are available, and how to prepare a research report. Also, provided are the ethical issues involved in research.
- Use statistical inference techniques, such as hypothesis testing about a population mean, population proportion, and about means and proportions with two populations.
- Analyze and interpret results of a regression analysis in a variety of settings, such as marketing, management, economics, finance and cost accounting.
- Use non-parametric statistics in business (optional)
- Present data using tabular and graphical approaches and Prepare data using basic numerical descriptive statistical measures.
Anderson/Sweeney/Williams, Modern Business Statistics,4th ed., ISBN 9780538479752.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.