University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||BUSI||Course Number||3303||Section Number||19075|
|Name of Course||Stats for Bus/Eco|
|Name of Instructor||Ren,Luh-Yu|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Be able to present data using tabular and graphical approaches and to summarize data using basic numerical descriptive statistical measures
- Understand basic concepts of probability, discrete and continuous random variables, and work with discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Understand different sampling plans, the sampling distribution of a sample statistic, and the Central Limit Theorem
- Understand statistical inference techniques; point and interval estimation and hypothesis testing about a population mean and population proportion
- Understand measures of statistical association - correlation and regression - and estimate and interpret the results of a regression analysis
- Work with statistical software package from Microsoft Excel.
Anderson, Sweeney, and Williams, Essentials of Modern Business Statistics,4th ed. ed., ISBN 0324783515.
Anderson/Sweeney/Williams, Essentials of Modern Business Statistics,4th ed., ISBN 9780324783513.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
- Introduction about Statistics
- Descriptive Statistics of Using Tables and Graphs
- Descriptive Statistics of Using Numeric Measures
- Discrete Probability Distribution
- Continuous Probability Distributions
- Sampling and Sampling Distributions
- Interval Estimation
- Hypothesis Testing
- Simple Regression Analysis