University Of Houston-Victoria
Course Online Syllabus
|Department||ACCT||Course Number||6352||Section Number||19067|
|Name of Course||Strategic Cost Management|
|Name of Instructor|
This information may not constitute all course policies; students are responsible for all course requirements established by their instructors during the semester and all institutional policies as established in the UHV student handbook.
As a result of this course, students will
- Identify a number of cost and management accounting issues relating to the design and implementation of corporate strategy, marketing, value-based and other resource management models.
- Evaluate the management role in the identification of the value chain and implementation of strategic cost management systems.
- Apply the basic conventions and doctrines of managerial and cost accounting and other generally accepted strategic cost management principles that may be used across the various functions of business organizations.
- Analyze the conditions and requirements necessary for successful use of activity-based costing systems.
- Analyze major contemporary issues that have emerged in strategic cost management.
|Group Case Analyses||100 points|
|Individual Homework Assignments||50 points|
|Participation and Attendance||50 points|
|Mid-term Exam (Individual)||100 points|
|Final Exam (Individual)||100 points|
Atkinson, Kaplan, Matsumura, and Young, Management Accounting,6th ed., ISBN 0137024975.
No additional readings have been recommended for this course.
List of Discussion/Lecture Topics
Course topics have not been submitted.