University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||email@example.com|
- Ph.D. University of Houston, Educational Psychology and Individual Differences, 1998
- M.A. University of Texas - El Paso, Experimental Psychology, 1988
- B.A. University of South Florida, Psychology, 1986
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Special Education, University of Houston - Victoria (2005 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, University of Houston - Victoria (2000 - 2005)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Special Education, University of Houston - Victoria (1998 - 2000)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Young, A. (2008). Structuring asynchronous discussions to incorporate learning principles in an online class: One professor's course analysis. Merlot Journal of Online learning and Teaching.
- Young, A. & Fry, J. (2008). Metacognitive Assessment and Academic Achievement in College Students. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Young, A. (2007). Transition Best Practice: Who is responsible for preparing our educators to promote transition related best practice?. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities.
- Young, A. & Norgard, C. (2006). Assessing the quality of online courses from the students' perspective. The Internet and Higher Education.
- Young, A. (2003). Stumbling toward Collaboration. Academic Exchange Quarterly.
- Young, A. (2002). Psychotropic medication prescriptions: An analysis of the reasons people with mental retardation are presecribed psychotropic medication. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities.