University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor, University of the Incarnate Word (1996 - 1999)
- Associate Professor, University of Houston Victoria (1995 - 2010)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Houston Victoria (1995)
- Site Based Professor, University of Houston Victoria (1994 - 1995)
- Resident Adjunct Lecturer, University of Houston Victoria (1994)
- Teaching Assistant, Texas A&M University (1991 - 1994)
- Practitioner in Residence, University of Houston Victoria (1990 - 1991)
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of Houston Victoria (1988 - 1990)
- Teacher, Patti Welder Middle School (1975 - 1994)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Trowbridge, S. (2007). Questioning how we educate our children.. Phi Delta Kappan.
- Trowbridge, S. , Klages, C. & Stansell, J. (2006). Looking at the Reading of Narrative and Expository Text Through the Lens of Miscue Analysis. Reading: Exploration and Discovery.
- Trowbridge, S. (2003). Bringing historical text alive: Using living history in your classroom. The State of Reading.
- Trowbridge, S. , Munoz, M. & Loffrardo, D. (2002). Hispanics and Higher Education: More Questions Than Answers. The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education.
- Trowbridge, S. & Slater, C. (2000). Masters level cohorts combat teacher isolation. Action in Teacher Education, 22(1), 15-22.
- Trowbridge, S. , Herrington, T. , Stansell, J. & Smith, D. (2000). Opening a Conversation About the Use of Miscue Analysis and Student as Learner. Yearbook of the American Reading Forum.
- Trowbridge, S. , Reidesel, D. , Herrington, T. & Chapa, E. (2000). Stories from the inside: How PDS partnerships benefit teachers. Journal of the Texas Middle School Association, 8(2), 12-18.
- Trowbridge, S. (2000). But he did everything right: Cognitive dissonance in school leadership. Continuous Improvement Monitor.
- Trowbridge, S. & Stansell, J. (1999). Using our own literacy histories to inform practice. Yearbook of the American Reading Forum.
- Trowbridge, S. , Slater, C. & McKay, B. (1998). The use of cohorts: Changing cultures in graduate education. In OUR CHANGING CULTURE, University of the Incarnate Word.