University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston System at Sugar Land
14000 University Boulevard
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
|Work Telephone:||281-275-3300||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph.D. Georgia State University, Accounting, 1993
- M.B.A. Texas Tech University, Management (Concentration: Accounting), 1987
- B.B.A. Chonnam National University, Management, 1981
- ECRC Consultant, E-Commerce Research Center, Korea , 2001
- Government Employee Training Specialist, Korea , 1999
- ISO/KSO 9000 Consultant, Small Business Admin., Korea , 1999
- Small Business Specialist, Small Business Admin., Korea , 1994
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Visiting Professor, Yanbian University of Science and Technology (2008 - 2010)
- Associate Professor of Accounting (tenured), University of Houston-Victoria (2007 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, University of Houston-Victoria (2001 - 2007)
- Associate Professor of Accounting (tenured), Kwangju University (2000 - 2001)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Kwangju University (1994 - 2000)
- Instructor/Graduate Teaching Assistant, School of Accountancy, Georgia State University (1990 - 1993)
- Graduate Research Assistant III, School of Accountancy, Georgia State University (1987 - 1990)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Lee, Y. & Garza-Gomez, X. (2011). Market-Based Approximation of the Cost of Non-Conformance Associated with the 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence.
- Lee, Y. & Garza-Gomez, X. (2011, Winter). Total Cost of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Reflected in US Stock Market. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 12(1).
- Jung, S. , Lee, Y. & Thornton, J. H. (2009, Spring). Stock Reissues: The Mirror Image of Repurchases?. International Journal of Accounting Information Science & Leadership, 2(2).
- Lee, Y. , Jung, S. & Thornton Jr., J. H. (2005). Long-Term Stock Performance after Open-Market Repurchases in Korea. Global Finance Journal, 16, 191-209.
- Jung, S. C. , Lee, Y. & Thornton Jr., J. H. (2005). An Empirical Comparison between Operations of Stabilization Funds and Stock Repurchases in Korea. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 13, 319-341.
- Lee, Y. & Jung, S. (2003, November). The Long-Term Performance of Repurchased Stocks. Korean Journal of Finance, 16(2), 129-162.
- Jung, S. C. & Lee, Y. G. (2001, May). Stock Repurchases and the Value of Firms. Korean Journal of Finance, 14(1), 59-88.
- Lee, Y. & Jung, S. (1999). Re-issuance of Repurchased Stocks and Information Signaling Hypothesis. Accounting Information Review, 12, 235-254.
- Lee, Y. (1999). Stock Market Responses to the Subscription to and Withdrawal from the Treasury Stock Trust Fund. Journal of Business and Economics, 12, 39-58.
- Lee, Y. & Jung, S. (1998). A Study on the Disclosure Policy of the Treasury Stock Trust Fund. Accounting Information Review, 10, 21-48.
- Lee, Y. (1998). Business-Major Students' Learning Styles and Appropriate Teaching Methods. Management Education Review, 2, 105-128.
- Lee, Y. (1997). Current Findings and Prospects of Research on the Information Transfer Effects. Journal of Business and Economics, 10, 367-384.
- Lee, Y. (1996). Financial Characteristics of the Firms Who Repurchased Their Own Stocks. Journal of Business and Economics, 9, 367-384.
- Jung, S. & Lee, Y. (1996). The Effectiveness of Stock Repurchases and the Treasury Stock Fund System. Korean Journal of Finance, 11, 241-271.
- Lee, Y. (1995). The Effect of the Relatedness of the Firms' Financial Characteristics on the Magnitude of the Information Transfer Effects. Accounting Information Review, 6, 225-244.
- Lee, Y. G. (1995). Using the Third Sector to Finance the Regional Development Project. Journal of Business and Economics, 8, 97-125.
- Lee, Y. (1993). Information Transfer Effects of a Firm's Disclosure. Hannam Journal of Finance, 1, 229-258.
- Lee, Y. G. & Garza-Gomez, X. (2011). BP's Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and Costs of Nonconformance to Investors, Partners, and Rivals. American Accounting Association-Southwest.
- Jung, S. , Lee, Y. G. & Thornton, J. H. (2009, March). Stock Reissues: The Mirror Image of Repurchases?. Intellectbase International Consortium.
- Jung, S. , Lee, Y. G. & Thornton, J. H. (2008, July). Good Timing? Stock Repurchases Followed by Reissues in Korea. Asian Finance Association.
- Lee, Y. G. , Jung, S. C. & Thornton, Jr., J. H. (2006). Tunneling in the Open? The Unusual Case of Stock Repurchases Followed by Stock Reissues in Korea. International Business Research Annual Conference.
- Lee, Y. G. , Jung, S. C. & Thornton, J. H. (2005). Long-Term Stock Performance after Open Market Repurchases. Korean Securities Association Annual Meeting, 57-93.
- Lee, Y. G. & Jung, S. C. (2001, November). Long-Term Performance of Repurchased Stock . Korean Finance Association Annual meeting.
- Lee, Y. G. , Lim, K. W. & Park, J. S. (2001). Venture Business Start-Up, e-book. Seoul, Korea: Korean Research Foundation.
- Lee, Y. (2000). An Internet Guide for Starting a New Business (pp.200). Seoul: YBM-SISA Publishing Co..