University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||email@example.com|
- Ph.D. Texas A&M University, Curriculum and Instruction (Science Education), 2002
- M.A. Texas A&M University, Curriculum and Instruction (Science Education), 1991
- B.A. University of Texas, Biology, 1970
- Lifetime Teaching Certificate (Texas), Biology , Lifetime
- Lifetime Teaching Certificate (Texas), Composite Science , Lifetime
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Education/Science, University of Houston (2003 - Now)
- Education/Outreach Specialist, Lunar and Planetary Institute (1999 - 2000)
- Coordinator, Texas A&M University (1993 - 1997)
- Teacher, Mayde Creek High School, Katy ISD (1988 - 1990)
- Teacher, Harlingen High School, Harlingen ISD (1986 - 1988)
- Teacher, Mary Hoge Jr. High, Weslaco ISD (1982 - 1986)
- Teacher, Austwell-Tivoli Junior/Senior High School, Austwell-Tivoli ISD (1981 - 1982)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Kohlhaas, K. , Lin, H. & Chu, K. (2010). Science equity in third grade. Elementary School Journal, 110(3).
- Kohlhaas, K. , Lin, H. & Chu, K. (2010). Disaggregated outcomes of ethnicity, gender, and poverty on fifth grade science performance. Research in Middle Level Education Online.
- Kohlhaas, K. , Lin, H. & Chu, K. (2009). The impact of ethnicity and disability on below poverty fifth grader's science performance. European Journal of Social Sciences.
- Lin, H. , Kohlhaas, K. & Chu, K. (2009). A comparison of White and Asian fifth graders' science performance. European Journal of Social Sciences.