University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||email@example.com|
- Ph.D. Texas Woman's University, Nursing Science, 2008
- M.Ed. University of Western Australia, Educational Management, 2002
- BSN University of Sydney, Health Science Nursing, 1998
- Texas Board Nursing RN , 2010
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor, University of Houston Victoria (2010 - Now)
- Language Instructor / Part time, Bilingual Education Institute Refugee Program (2009 - 2010)
- Research Assistant, Texas Woman's University/Houston (2007 - 2010)
- Nurse Clinician Specialist (orthopedic), Singapore General Hospital (2000 - 2003)
- Senior Staff Nurse Clinical Instructor, Singapore General Hospital (1999 - 2000)
- Senior Staff Nurse / Charge Nurse, Singapore General Hospital (1996 - 1999)
- Staff Nurse, Singapore General Hospital (1993 - 1996)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Chu, A. & Mastel-Smith, B. (2010). The outcomes of anxiety, confidence and self-efficacy with Internet health information retrieval in older adults. Computer, Informatics, Nursing, 28(4).
- Chu, A. , Huber, J. , Mastel-Smith, B. & Cesario, S. (2009). Partnering with seniors for better health: computer use and internet health information retrieval among older adults in a low socioeconomic community. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 97(1), 11-19.
- Boisaubin, E. , Chu, A. & Catalano, J. (2007). Perceptions of long term care, autonomy, and dignity, by residents, family and care-givers: the Houston experience. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 32(5), 447-464.
- Chu, A. (2003). Patients' perspective on pre-operative education program in an orthopedic unit. Singapore General Hospital Proceedings, 12(2), 50-56.
- Chu, A. (2002). Telephone follow-up post discharge: a study on 6 wards.. Singapore Nurses Journal, 29(3), 44-49.