University Of Houston-Victoria
|Name:||Wei-Chih 'Danny' Chiang|
University of Houston System at Cinco Ranch
4242 S. Mason Road
Katy, Texas 77450
|Work Telephone:||832-842-2800||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- D.B.A. Louisiana Tech University, Accounting, 2008
- M.S. University of Texas at Dallas, Accounting and Information Management, 2004
- M.B.A. Wayland Baptist University, Accounting, 1995
- B.S. National TsingHua University, Physics, 1990
- Attorney-at-law (Taiwan), 2001
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, University of Houston at Victoria (2010 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Texas A&M International University (2008 - 2010)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Di, H. , Hanke, S. & Chiang, W. (2012, February). A Censored Quantile Regression Analysis of Employee Stock Options Substitution for Debt and the Impact of SFAS 123R. Managerial Finance, 38(2), 165-187.
- Chiang, W. & Reed, R. (2012). Better Odds for Pro Gamblers' Business Deductions. Journal Of Accountancy.
- Ireland, T. , Hearn, N. , Conway, L. & Chiang, W. (2011, December). Using the Incentive Stock Option Qualification. CPA Journal, 81(12), 44-48.
- Chiang, W. & Pierce, K. J. (2011, June). Professional Gamblers Allowed Full Deductibility of Business Expenses. Practical Tax Strategies, 86(6), 257-261.
- Chiang, W. & Englebrecht, T. D. (2011, Sep/Oct). A Fact-Oriented Approach in Macro-Case Analysis: A Section 385 Illustration. Journal Of Applied Business Research, 27(5), 15-31.
- Englebrecht, T. D. & Chiang, W. (2010, October). Judicial Guidance for Trust Reformation under Code Section 2055(e)(3). CPA Journal, 80(10), 50-55.
- Chiang, W. , Di, H. & Hanke, S. (2010, June). Debt or Equity Financing? Analyzing Relevant Factors. Tax Adviser, 41(6), 412-417.
- Chiang, W. & Lee, K. (2010, November). Judicial Guidance to Secure Debt Status. Taxes--the Tax Magazine, 88(11), 43-48.
- Chiang, W. (2010, January). Family Partnership Rules Applied in TIFD III-E Remand. Journal Of Accountancy, 209(1), 60-61.
- Chiang, W. (2009, December). Shifting the Burden of Proof to the IRS in Tax Court. Practical Tax Strategies, 83(6), 340-346.
- Englebrecht, T. D. , Chiang, W. & Wang, Y. (2008, Fall). An Empirical Assist for Management in Resolving the Debt versus Equity Dilemma. Journal of Business and Accounting, 1(1), 121-137.
- Chiang, W. , Englebrecht, T. D. , Phillips, T. & Wang, Y. (2008). Readability of Financial Accounting Principles Textbooks. Accounting Educators' Journal, 18, 47-80.
- Chiang, W. , Hanke, S. A. & Englebrecht, T. D. (2008, October). Strategize New Tax Environment for Investment Advisory Fees of Trust. Practical Tax Strategies, 81(4), 214-220.
- Englebrecht, T. D. & Chiang, W. (2007, October). Use a Business-Risk Perspective to Distinguish Debt from Equity. Practical Tax Strategies, 79(4), 224-231.
- Englebrecht, T. D. , Pierce, K. J. & Chiang, W. (2007, March). Ignorance Is Better for Innocent Spouse Equitable Relief. Practical Tax Strategies, 78(3), 156-167.
- Englebrecht, T. D. & Chiang, W. (2007, November). Prop. Regs. Address Deductibility of Trust and Estate Costs. Tax Adviser, 38(11), 642-644.
- Englebrecht, T. D. & Chiang, W. (2007, August). S Corporation Shareholders-Workers and Employment Taxes. Taxes--the Tax Magazine, 85(8), 17-26, 59-60.
- Englebrecht, T. D. , Chiang, W. , Wang, Y. & Anderson, M. (2006, August). Trusts Face Limit on Investment Advisory Fee Deduction. Practical Tax Strategies, 77(2), 92-102.
- Englebrecht, T. D. & Chiang, W. (2006, January). Formula Clause Coupled with Disclaimer Could Raise Estate Tax. Practical Tax Strategies, 76(1), 23-30.