University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph.D. University of Missouri-Kansas City, Education, 2003
- M.A. University of Missouri-Kansas City, Reading, 1994
- B.A. University of Iowa, English/Secondary Education, 1991
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor, University of Houston Victoria (2007 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Literacy, State University of New York College at Brockport (2004 - 2007)
- Full-time Literacy Instructor, Central Missouri State University (2002 - 2004)
- Teacher, Briarcliff Elementary School and Chapel Hill Elementary School (2000 - 2002)
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Missouri-Kansas City (1997 - 2000)
- Adjunct Instructor, Johnson County Community College (1997 - 2000)
- Adjunct Instructor, Longview Community College (1997)
- Research Assistant, University of Missour-Kansas City (1996 - 2000)
- Teacher, Raytown South Middle School (1991 - 1995)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Barnhill, A. & Halquist, D. (2010). Sister to sister: Becoming literate in relation.. Language and Literacy.
- Devick-Fry, J. J. , Klages, C. & Barnhill, A. (2010). Measuring inquiry in teacher education. Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation, and Development.
- Barnhill, A. (2008). Review of encounter. Texas Reading Report.
- Barnhill, A. , Manzo, A. & Manzo, U. (2000). Proficient Reader Subtypes: Implications for Literacy Theory, Assessment, and Practice.. Reading Psychology, 21(3), 217-232.
- Barnhill, A. (2006). Gender: A h.o.t. (higer-order thinking) link in educating urban students.. In D. Armstrong and B. McMahon (Ed.),Inclusion in urban educational environments: Addressing issues of diversity, equity, and social justice.. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing, Inc..