University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph.D. University of Iowa, 1971
- M.A. University of Iowa, , 1967
- B.S. State College of Iowa, , 1965
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Professor of History/Humanities, University of Houston (1985 - Now)
- Assistant and Associate Professor of History/Humanities, University of Houston (1976 - 1985)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of History, University of Montana (1972 - 1973)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of History, University of Missouri (1971)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- McArthur, J. N. & Smith, H. L. (2010). Texas Through Women's Eyes: the Twentieth-Century Experience. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- McArthur, J. N. & Smith, H. L. (2010). Not Whistling Dixie: Women's Movements and Feminist Politics. In The Texas Left: The Radical Roots of Lone Star Liberalism. College Station: Texas A & M University Press.
- Smith, H. L. (2009). British Feminism in the Second World War. In Gender, Labour, War and Empire: Essays on Modern Britain. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Smith, H. L. (2007). The British Women's Suffrage Campaign 1866-1928. London: Longman.
- McArthur, J. N. & Smith, H. L. (2003). Minnie Fisher Cunningham: A Suffragist's Life in Politics. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press.