Related University Policies and Guidelines
PARKING AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Students are authorized to park in any unreserved space without a permit. This includes any unreserved space on either UHV or The Victoria College parking lots. At the UHV campus, students may also park in certain reserved spaces when those spaces are not reserved. (Example: Parking in a yellow reserved space after 6:00 p.m. is allowed if the space is marked as reserved from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.).
Parking at the University of Houston-Victoria campus is shared with The Victoria College. Parking and traffic regulations are enforced by UHDPS Campus Security and The Victoria College Campus Police and Security who randomly patrol campus parking lots. Citations will be issued for parking in fire zones, illegally parking in handicapped spaces, or parking in reserved areas during restricted times.
It is unlawful for any person to park a vehicle at an institution of higher education except in a manner designed by the institution and in the spaces marked (51.205, Texas Education Code). Additionally, the university has authority to bar or suspend driving or parking privileges for rule violations (Section 51.207, Texas Education Code).
UHV students attending classes at UH Sugar Land or UHS at Cinco Ranch are subject to parking regulations in place at those sites and are advised to check for site specific rules.
Parking Permits – Students, with the exception of those living in student housing, are not required to register their vehicles or display a permit. Students living in student housing are required to register their vehicles and display a parking permit. Permits are issued at student housing facilities. Parking permits must be properly displayed and clearly visible in the upper drivers’ side corner of the rear window.
Disabled Parking Permits – UHV, as a state institution, follows the same guidelines as the State of Texas. For individuals with disabilities, application must be made through the individual’s local tax assessor office for the specially designated state license plate or hanger which displays the disabled symbol recognized throughout the State. Disabled parking permits must be prominently displayed.
The Campus Parking and Traffic Policy, (http://www.uhv.edu/fin/policy/A/a-19.aspx) can be reviewed online.
Parking Appeals Procedures
Students or employees who receive a parking violation on the UHV campus have 30 calendar days from the citation date to appeal. Your right to appeal is lost after 30 days. Appeals submitted after 30 days will not be accepted. If appealing, do not pay the fine until your appeal has been considered.
- Appeal procedures apply to student and employees.
- For students, a financial stop will be placed on the student’s record and remain until the issue is resolved.
- To complete an appeal, login to Parking Violation Appeal Request on eForms at web3.uhv.edu/oarforms. You may choose to mail your documents or submit your documents electronically to Business Services within 30 calendar days of the citation.
- Additional documentation may be requested depending upon the nature of the appeal. Your appeal will not be considered until all required documentation is submitted.
- The Appeals Committee generally meets on the first and third week of each month to review submitted parking violation appeals.
- The committee will review appeals and notify the appropriate parties. If the appeal is not upheld, the fine must be paid.
- All Appeals Committee decisions are final.