Goals for Sustainability
Web site activities
- Add the ACUPCC AND GREEN logo to our web site citing our support for sustainability.
- Post accomplishments and goals in a sustainability link on the front page of our web site, identifying UHV's commitment to becoming better stewards of our environment.
Student supported activities
- Foster opportunities and objectives in Student Senate to promote sustainability.
- Support student senate in sharing names of students desiring to car pool to and from UHV for classes.
- Set all printer and copier default settings to double sided print.
- Purchase only recycled paper.
- Implement green purchasing policies and adopt an energy efficient appliance purchasing policy where we purchase Energy Star certified products in areas for where Energy Star rating exist.
- Maintain the building at 75 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter.
- Turn off all lights, radios, heaters, and computers when you are away from your desk for 30 minutes or more.
- Use ceramic coffee cups, reusable water containers rather than use styro-foam cups.
- Purchase carbon offsets for each airline flight.
- Include sustainability in the curriculum for all classes offered by UHV faculty.
All UHV activities
- Support car pooling for staff and faculty
Additional points to be reviewed
- Provide Victoria Transit commuter bus passes for students, faculty, and staff.
- New construction will be LEED Silver or above (economically unfeasible with the current downturn)
Dates & Events
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
UHV math professor teaches innovative lesson plans - 05/20/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013