- We are emphasizing and expanding our recycling efforts and have added #1 and #2 plastic which include soft drink bottles and all of our chemical bottles.
- We are phasing in "green" chemicals into our daily cleaning products as we expend those products previously used.
- We have transitioned to "green" stripper and floor finish which represents a significant step in the right direction in terms of our impact on the environment.
- The Custodial staff also has been instructed to turn off lights in unused areas.
- All of our power equipment is electric or battery operated.
- UHV recycled 12 tons of paper in 2007
- Made some adjustments to custodial schedules to take advantage of KW demand savings in electrical expenditures.
- Our recycle efforts has prevented paying for extra dumps of trash that we were paying for on a regular basis. We have not had to pay for extra dumps since FY 2006.
Dates & Events
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/4/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 9/4/2014
Volunteering Open House - 9/4/2014
Blood Drive - 9/10/2014
De Leon Symposium - 9/13/2014
Saturday Book Break - 9/13/2014
IRS to present business tax updates at UHV meeting - 08/28/2014
UHS student regent spends day at UHV - 08/22/2014