Deadlines and Procedures
Apply for Graduation Online
Students must be enrolled in or have all degree requirements completed to participate in commencement. Students will not be allowed to march in a ceremony prior to the term in which they have applied.
If you will be transferring in coursework from another institution to satisfy degree requirements, you must complete that coursework by the end of UHV’s term for which you have applied for graduation. The official transcript from the other university must be sent to UHV no later than two weeks after commencement.
Steps to complete a graduation application
- Log in to myUHV
- Select Degree Progress/Graduation
- Apply for Graduation**
- Follow the prompts in the online application and hit 'submit'
|Anticipated Term of Graduation||Deadline to Apply|
|Fall, December 2016||Sept. 16, 2016|
|Spring, May 2017||Feb. 10, 2017|
Applications for the next term open the day after each deadline.
**If you missed the deadline to apply:
There is a ten (10) day appeal period in which we will allow students to appeal to have their graduation applications moved to the prior term and still participate in the commencement ceremony.
After this ten (10) day appeal period, students may still appeal to have their applications moved to the prior term, but those students will not be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Fill out an Appeal to Graduate Form
- Contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Records
Schedule of Ceremonies:
- Fall 2016: 11:00 a.m., Saturday, December 10, 2016
- School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business Administration, and the School of Education, Health Professions, & Human Development
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence about graduation and commencement will be sent to your UHV email account.