Gaming Internships Home
The University of Houston-Voctoria offers internship courses for both the B.Sc. and B.A.A.S. majors within the Digital Gaming and Simulation programs. The internship in Digital Gaming and Simulation is a three credit hour course which a student pursuing the UHV Digital Gaming and Simulation program may complete during the senior year. Some of the objectives of this internship are as follow:
- To provide the student with an opportunity to experience the importance and relevance of ideas learned in course work.
- To broaden the experience of the student by exposure to new gaming and simulation systems, new applications or new developments.
- To provide the student with the experience of preparing a resume, applying for a job and going through the interviewing and selection process for a job.
- To give the student the experience of working within a group/team.
- To enable the cooperating organization to receive the benefits of special talents and background of the student.
- To improve the digital gaming and simulation program by allowing the cooperating organization to examine the department's product and to provide input to the program director.
- To increase interaction between the university system and the cooperating organization in the field of computer science and digital gaming and simulation.