Office of the Vice President for
Administration and Finance
SECTION: TRAVEL INDEX: F-6
SUBJECT: CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
In an effort to reduce an employee’s expense while traveling, registration fees associated with conferences, seminars or workshops (conferences) may be paid in advance by voucher, procurement card, or in some instances by the department’s completion of a delegated departmental purchase order form.
ADVANCE PAYMENT PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
- Registration fees may be paid up to 6 weeks (42 days) prior to the start of the conference.
- The department may use one of the following methods for payment:
- Voucher - Complete a voucher through the accounts payable system payable to the conference or sponsoring organization.
- Procurement (ProCard) Card – Refer to the online ProCard Manual for instructions to complete.
- Delegated departmental purchase order form – Refer to the online Purchasing Manual for instructions to complete.
- Documentation for each of the payment methods must include:
- Dates and place of the conference
- Name of the attendee
- Title of the conference
- Benefit to the University, and
- Travel request number when overnight travel is involved
- Receipts for registration fees for conferences are not required when prepaying through these methods, although a copy of the conference information indicating registration cost must be attached to the voucher, procurement card log or departmental purchase order form as support.
- Some organizations will accept a copy of the voucher to confirm conference reservations. In those cases a copy of the voucher may be faxed along with a copy of the registration form.
EMPLOYEE REGISTRATION REIMBURSEMENT
An employee may choose to pay for the registration fee using personal funds prior to the conference. Once the conference has concluded, the employee should submit a completed UHV Travel Expense Report Form for an overnight conference or a UHV Business Expense Reimbursement Form for a one-day conference. Proof of payment (i.e., paid receipt, cancelled check or credit card statement) must be provided for reimbursement of registration fees.
- UHV ProCard Manual
- UHV Purchasing Manual
- UHV Travel Expense Report Form
- UHV Business Expense Reimbursement Form
Philip Castille, Ph.D.
Next review date: September 2018
Origination: Finance Department
Degree Information Session - 9/17/2014
Access to Capital and the CDC/504 program - 9/18/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/19/2014
Grow Your Business Online - 9/19/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 9/23/2014
UHV Degree information Session - 9/24/2014
Grow Your Business Online Beeville - 9/25/2014
New UHV Staff Council chair takes reins - 09/11/2014