Office of the Vice President for
Administration and Finance
SECTION: STUDENT SERVICES INDEX: D-2
SUBJECT: EMERGENCY MESSAGES TO STUDENTS
In certain types of emergencies, attempts will be made to notify students. For purposes of this policy, emergencies are defined as those that involve a death, illness, injury, accident, or a threat to a students livelihood or property.
- A students ill or injured child requires parental consent for treatment,
- A family or household member is injured or ill,
- A students employer calls regarding a business emergency where the students job may depend on his or her response.
- Student emergency messages received by the campus switchboard or other campus office should be transferred to the Office of Student Life and Services (SLS).
- SLS personnel will:
- determine whether or not the situation is an emergency, as defined by this policy,
- attempt to determine the students location and attempt to deliver the message,
- communicate with switchboard or campus office whether the message was delivered or not.
Signature Obtained 09/17/2012
Philip Castille, Ph.D. Date
Originating Department: Student Recruitment and Relations
Next Review Date: October 2015
Managing Chaos and Pressure at Work - 1/28/2015
Texas Association of Sports Officials - Meeting - 1/28/2015
January Birthdays - 1/29/2015
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 1/29/2015
Campus Rosary Group - 1/29/2015
Primerica Meeting - 1/29/2015UHV Newswire
UHV earns grant to study human-robot interaction - 1/22/2015
UHV Center for the Arts opens for spring classes - 1/22/2015