Office of the Vice President for
Administration and Finance
SECTION: GENERAL INDEX: A-17
SUBJECT: ASSIGNMENT AND USE OF SPACE
Assignment of space is for a specific use and is usually made to a department. All changes in the use or classification of space and all reassignment of space from one department to another must be made by the President or his/her designee. Modification, renovation, or other changes to site, physical plant or landscape require the approval of the President or his/her designee. The President has delegated to the Registrar the assignment of all instructional space (i.e., general purpose classrooms, teaching laboratories, and lecture auditoria) for specific classes.
PROCESSING OF SPACE REQUESTS
All requests for changes in assignment or use of space, leasing of space, or requests for renovation or construction of space, are to be initiated in writing by the department requesting the changes.
Requests for renovation and/or construction should be forwarded to the President or his/her designee for approval only if funds for the project are available within a departmental budget.
TYPES OF SPACE REQUESTS
The following list provides guidelines concerning types of changes that require the approval of the President or his/her designee:
- Change in the use of space within existing buildings (e.g., changing use of a room from a classroom to an office)
- Reassignment of use of space from one department to another.
- Assignment of all space within new buildings or buildings that have been vacant and are being reoccupied.
- Renovations or changes in physical characteristics of buildings, or rooms with buildings. This applies to permanent, temporary, or leased buildings.
- Change in use of institutional land.
- Leasing of any institutional buildings or land.
- Leasing by the institution of any non-institutional buildings or land.
Signature Obtained 01/12/2009
Tim Hudson, President Date
Next review date: January 1, 2012
Origination: Administration and Finance
Dallas PD Recruitment Visit - 3/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 3/2/2015
Stand Up To Stigma - 3/2/2015
5-on-5 Basketball League Week - 3/2/2015
Open Gym Basketball - 3/3/2015UHV Newswire