- RN to BSN Program Requirements
- Program Cost & Financial Aid
- RN to BSN Handbook
- About Us
- Transfer Plans
Welcome to the University of Houston-Victoria, Nursing Program! We offer an innovative RN to BSN online program. The curriculum builds on the RN’s knowledge and skills and prepares the nurse to meet the challenges of the dynamic and complex health care environment. This post-licensure program is available to individuals who currently hold a valid Texas or designated State RN license. We look forward to helping you meet your educational and career goals!
Request more information about the degree or program that aligns with your career goals.
The mission of the Nursing Program is to provide nurses innovative and responsive programs to advance their career as valued graduates and nurse leaders. The Nursing Program is committed to serving the educational needs and enhancing the quality of life while enriching the economic, cultural life, and health of the communities served.
UHV Nursing Program:
- Provide student-centered innovative education programs
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships
- Advance the nursing profession through scholarship and professional involvement
- Serve as a foundation for graduate study
- Synthesize knowledge from the biological, social, and behavioral sciences, the humanities, and nursing to provide appropriate, culturally sensitive care to individuals, families, and communities.
- Demonstrate inquiry and analysis in applying patient care technologies and information systems to support safe nursing practice and population risk reduction.
- Lead safety and quality improvement activities as part of the interdisciplinary team and as an advocate and manager of nursing care.
- Manage care transitions and promote population risk reduction with diverse communities in collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Participate in monitoring institutional, professional and public policy to maintain adherence to standards of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrate leadership skills related to clinical and professional issues, financial, and human resource in providing and evaluating care.
- Demonstrate leadership and advocacy that reflects the values and ethics of the nursing profession.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at University of Houston-Victoria is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.