Principal “Certification Only” Plan
This course sequence is designed for individuals who have already obtained a Master’s degree, but who wish to pursue the path to Principal Certification.
- Hold a valid Texas teacher certificate
- Completed Master's Degree - fulfilled by SoEHD's Master of Education in Administration and Supervision with a specialization in Educational Leadership
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience in an accredited school
- Admission to graduate study within the School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development (must precede the completion of applicable course work)
- Completion of an approved administrative practicum experience
- Completion of required course work designed to develop administrative competencies and comply with SBEC Learner Centered Proficiencies for the Principalship
- Pass the TExES # 068
Principal “Certification Only” plan
- ELAS 6300 Selected Topics (School Community Relationships)
- ELAS 6315 Principles of Instructional Supervision
- ELAS 6316 Instructional Leadership
- ELAS 6331 Educational Law
- ELAS 6304 Internship in Educational Leadership
To address deficiencies in background or gaps in required knowledge, and at the discretion of the advisor, students may also be required to enroll in additional coursework. These details would be outlined during the initial advisement process.