Master Mathematics Teacher Certification
- Some scheduled meetings required; meetings may be in person, online video conference and/or phone.
- Classes will be offered online, face to face and/or hybrid.
- Hold a valid Texas teacher certificate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience in an accredited school.
- Complete the 15 semester hours of specified graduate-level courses beyond the bachelor's degree in an approved graduate teacher education program. Students must have a signed plan on file.
The program for this certificate includes:
- CUIN 6341 Teaching Problem Solving
- CUIN 6342 Assessment in Mathematics
- CUIN 6343 The Math Teacher as Leader
- CUIN 6347 Teaching Number Concepts
- CUIN 6348 Teaching Algebra & Geometry
- CUIN 6349 Teaching Probability & Statistics
- Pass the TExMaT - MMT EC-4 #87 OR 4-8 #88.
Note: Although a Master's degree is not required to obtain this certification, completion of the UHV Master's degree in Elementary Mathematics Education qualifies you with the course work required for this certification.