School of Nursing
Requirements for Undergraduate Admission (RN-BSN)
Applicants to the RN-BSN program must meet all requirements for undergraduate admission as outlined in the ADMISSIONS section of this catalog. International students must have a minimum score of 89 on the TOEFL. In order to be considered for admission a student must send the following credentials to the Office of Admissions:
1. A completed application for undergraduate admission.
2. An official transcript from EACH college or university attended, sent directly from each institution to UH-
Victoria. (For timely and accurate processing, students should ensure that all official documents have
been submitted prior to registration.)
3. Applicants to the BSN program must have graduated from an accredited associate degree or diploma
program. Applicants who have completed an international nursing diploma program that is not affiliated
to a university may not satisfy the Associate Degree requirement for admission to the University of
Houston-Victoria RN-BSN program due to the non-academic nature of this type of coursework. Please
contact an International Student Advisor in the University of Houston-Victoria’s Office of Admissions.
4. Applicants to the BSN program must provide evidence of an unencumbered, current RN Texas license
and current CPR certification.
5. Applicants to the BSN program must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and a GPA of 2.5 in natural
and behavioral sciences is expected.
6. Applicants to the BSN program must have completed all prerequisite course work prior to enrolling in
Qualified applicants to the RN-BSN program must clear a criminal background check, and drug screen.
Qualified applicants must provide evidence of completion of Texas minimum State vaccine immunization requirements:
1. Annual TB skin test (or chest x-ray). All TB screens must be repeated every year while the student
is enrolled in nursing school (pos and neg).
2. Tetanus-diphtheria toxoid (Td) within the last 10 years
3. Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccinations(s)
4. Seasonal Influenza
5. Varicella vaccinations(s)* Varicella immunity must be confirmed by one of three ways:
a) a signed provider note verifying that the student was diagnosed with Varicella
b) a blood titer indicating immunity
c) verification of receipt of the Varicella immunization
6. Three-injection hepatitis B vaccination series or serologic confirmation of immunity to hepatitis B