School of Nursing
|University Center, Suite 122|
|3007 N Ben Wilson, Victoria, Texas 77901|
|Phone: 361.570-4370||Fax: 361.580.5596|
The mission of the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) School of Nursing (SoN) is to provide innovative and flexible programs for entering or advancing a career in nursing that produce respected graduates and leaders. The SoN is committed to serving the educational needs and advancing quality of life while enhancing the economic, cultural and health of communities served. The SoN expands knowledge through scholarship, leadership, and life-long learning and through service that benefits multiple communities while promoting the image and growth of the profession.
Innovative Nursing Excellence…
Meeting Dreams in Your Community
School of Nursing Goals
1. Provide accessible student-centered educational programs that blend innovative technology and face-to-
2. Prepare valued nurse leaders for the communities served.
3. Maintain excellence in baccalaureate and graduate nursing curricula.
4. Develop strong clinical and service liaisons and partnerships with community groups, health care agencies,
alumni, and other interested individuals.
5. Advance the nursing profession through faculty scholarship and professional involvement
The RN to BSN program has been approved by the Texas Board of Nursing. The Second Degree BSN program has received initial approval from the Texas Board of Nursing. The MSN program in Administration and Education has been approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The baccalaureate and masters programs have received full accreditation as a new school from the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) until 2014.