UHV Quick Links

2011-2012 Catalog


Postbacalaureate education candidates on a certification plan who secure a teaching position at an accredited school in the area and at the level that they are seeking certification may do an internship instead of student teaching. The candidate must qualify for the teacher education program before entering into an internship.

All Teacher Certification candidates must pass all teacher education courses required for teacher certification with a “C” or better.

To serve an internship, the candidate must meet probationary certification requirements as outlined by the Texas Education Agency and must apply through the Teacher Education Records Office (TERO), complete all necessary paper work, contact the Director of Field Experience, and enroll in the appropriate courses.

Students are responsible for applying for a probationary certificate with TEA (www.tea.state.tx.us ).